Trees

Trees

Thursday, June 28, 2012

best conversation of the week.

Vivi: Mom, I am going to be thirteen soon, I can't wait.

Mom:  Why?

Vivi: cause I'll be a teenager.

Mom:  Ok yea, I know, but what does it mean to you to be a teenager?

Vivi:  I get to be more responsible mom...

Mom:  (turns head so as to hide the tearing up) I guess you are right. If you want you can take some of that on once Kegan leaves for school.

Vivi: ok I think I will.


It all just keeps moving doesn't it?  Our perceptions, our kids, our lives, our bodies.

Nothing ever stays still...experience this moment as I can, because I know it will never come again.  I also know that I am lucky to have both of my kids and that too can change at any moment.

We are like the spider.
We weave our life and then move along in it.
We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream.
This is true for the entire universe.

~The Upanishads

 Love to my dear friend Gwyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment