Trees

Trees

Monday, January 7, 2013

cameras and more resolutions

Yea, my last post I was kinda making fun of my new year resolutions...but....really...if you have been thinking of trying something new...or been toying with checking out Crossfit...I thought I would repost something form the Zia Crossfit site. It is something that one of the other members asked me to write....neither BJ or Will asked for these from their clients....check it out and then check out the rest of the site. BJ has done a really good job of giving you the personalty of Zia in the web page....

http://ziacrossfit.com/mona/

They have a new on ramp class starting too...

I was gonna write a little about what I lifted last week, but I spoke with BJ today and he is giving me the next six weeks of programming tonight. I may as well wait and whine about that tomorrow.

Yes, I did an acting for the camera workshop this weekend....

The basics of auditioning sort of stuff. This was a huge struggle for me. I have been an actor for 30 years...yeah, I just said that...I really thought some of the skills I know that I have, the basics of what I believe in my work as an artist would transfer....

sigh....

It was kinda painful...I know the skills transfer...I respect that it is a special set of skills. They don't, or at least this weekend, didn't transfer for me. Not sure I have the time or the energy to bust my ass to make the camera work for me...to get any work.

And...well....the camera does not like me....

I kinda thought...gee, my face it too small for my head...I thought I kinda looked like the mountain troll from Harry Potter. But in a nice way...I didn't throw anyone around.



I know, I know, it is hard to watch ourselves on film and we are our worst critics....I am not saying I looked like the troll exactly....but, yeah....

I did learn a ton about simply being myself...looking for the qualities in myself that match the character you are auditioning for...these are small roles that they cast here...the casting directors and directors are interested in seeing YOU...who you are. It is rare when these things match up and get cast, but there was something cool about embracing the idea that ...YOU ARE ENOUGH.

That seems to be floating around my life a lot lately...time to learn it....stop giving it lip service...

You are enough....when I believe this, then I also take care of myself better...it sparks a personal revolution really...

I am enough....and really, I am worth it...and so are you.



No comments:

Post a Comment