Trees

Trees

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Art & Sport


Monday:

Start of week two....I am still feeling a little sick and frankly I am annoyed with myself that I am having a hard time finding a doctor...

Anyway...more deadlifts...um I mean rack pulls....we adjusted these for my stupidly long legs, so I have to set up plates instead of pulling from the rack.  Had to find a 1 rep max.  Only got to 375.
Then I had to find a 1 rep on Push Press.

45, 95, 125, then I jumped to 160...I actually got it.  I had to talk to myself a lot on this one....as I looked at the bar, all I was thinking was fast fast fast...don't push it up, throw it up.  I did...I was kinda thrilled.  Tried 165..no go. 

It's weird that I can push press so much when I can't seem to even clean this same amount right now... it must be in my head...also...if I push press 160, and it WAS a push press, NOT a jerk...I should be able to strict press more than 105...right?  and I should be able to Jerk at least 170..I must have some serious mental blocks about getting over head...and on the clean.

Tuesday:

Freakin tired yesterday....they were filming snatches in the gym last night (quit your giggling), but I didn't stay...can't wait to see the video though.

Snatches...light....I am working on NOT power snatching.
Then dead lifts...um I mean clean pulls.  At 110% of my 1 rep max....I looked at that and thought it was a typo...but I loaded the bar to 160....Will, in his Will like way, came up when I was done....suggested I slow down and fully reset between reps...so I get the clean pull...so I am not just doing dead lifts....I will do that!

Then I did back extensions and a bunch of hammer winds and foot work for Weight for distance.  I always start with a PVC pipe, like Grant showed me, then I move to a 15 pound Kettle bell.  It doesn't have the pull that a weight on a chain has, but it helps...last night though, I finished with the 15 pounder and decided to try some spins with the 14KG kettle Bell....dang it felt so heavy...but I got a couple of good spins in without getting all off balance...so, I should add that I suppose.

Today is my rest day....or recovery workout....Looks like I will be testing my hamstrings....Glute Ham raise (sounds like a sandwich) Sumo stance good mornings, weighted dips....wish it was a caramel dip.

Spoke with Marz after my lifting last night, we decided that the thing that sucks this week....putting away weights after lifting....

There is also a Strongman competition in Durango soon....hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment