Trees

Trees

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tuna, tea, turmoil

Don't ask, I am sitting at my desk, eating tuna, drinking tea....Pierre just brought me lunch and I said to him, "I don't know how I am gonna get through these next two weeks.  There are so many changes coming and I feel so frozen by it all that I can't even remember what I am supposed to do from minute to minute.  I know it is all good stuff...but I feel like I can't move."

Oh well, we all have these kind of times pass through our lives...I also know I have more changes to make soon....job/art crap things I must put to the back of my little brain....but they are niggling needs that; as other things shift and change, keep screaming for my attention.

As for the next few weeks....I came across this blog post today that also seemed to scream for my attention...although the author is speaking specifically to the body...it speaks to me on a much more global scale.

It's from http://www.warriorsciences.com/


Good Genetics
They're JUST A SUGGESTION!

Many people seem to be concerned with good genetics versus bad genetics, which I don’t get, and I never will.
Here’s the thing, you have what you have. What are you going to do with it? If your 5 feet tall, in your 20′s and you want to be 6 feet… well keep wishing jackass cause it isn’t going to happen. I wish my example was extreme, but unfortunately there are individuals that have unattainable goals like the above.
The Three Keys (The Epic Trinity)
Good genetics or not, nothing - and I mean nothing - trumps DISCIPLINE, HARD WORK ETHIC , and CONSISTENCY. Sure there are things that can be done to help your progress such as proper nutrition and a specific training program, but without the three keys as your foundation you will not progress in any capacity.
It isn’t enough to have a little discipline, or have random moments of hard work. It is extremely important to have ABSOLUTE discipline, ABSOLUTE hard work ethic, and ABSOLUTE consistency to achieve your goals.

How do you get absolute discipline?

You don’t give yourself ANY other option but to do what you need to do to accomplish your goals. The only things that should ever keep you from training is family obligations, severe injury, or illness. The first two can be worked around most times. Everyone has the same amount of days and hours in the week. Family should always come first but that doesn’t mean you can’t find time to train. You can train around many injuries, but I wouldn’t suggest training through illness.

How do you get absolute hard work ethic?
Anyone and I mean anyone can work hard for an hour, a day, and even a week, but to do it day in and day out for as long as it takes and then continue doing it after you have reached your goals is a different animal entirely.
After you have decided what your goals are you MUST ask yourself a very important question.

Are you prepared to do what is necessary to achieve your goals?
If the answer is yes then you must commit your mind, body and soul to giving everything you have to progress daily toward your goals. Forget about good genetics. When it is time to train, give everything you have to that session. You will never get that time back, there are no do overs in training or in life.

How do you get absolute consistency?
This one involves one little word that is endangered amongst most of the known world, and that word is PATIENCE. You can not be consistent if you lack patience. If results are not coming as fast as YOU would like them too don’t just throw what you are doing out the window and change the game plan. Be patient give it some time, some real time. That doesn’t mean you don’t evaluate what you are doing on a regular basis and try to improve on it, but starting something on Monday and expecting results by the following Monday is being very impatient.
If people spent less time worrying about what they don’t have and focused on what they do have we would have a lot more happier people in the world. Good genetics really are just a suggestion.


 
 I am personally having issues with the final piece of this blog...patience.  I actually had this creep in when I met with BJ yesterday about my programing.  I was sort of trying to get out of having to do so many shoulder presses...ha.....he gently called me on it and just as this post suggests...I need to be patient with the programing. We will shift after I have completed it. BJ also made me look at what I have been able to do.  We did tweak the sheer number of Olympic lifts downward as well as when I do the lifts. The important thing is to work through the program, to show up and lift even when I don't feel like it.  


That is what I did yesterday...I felt like crap, lifted like crap, didn't want to do it.  But I swear, I walk in that place and the people around me always seem to at least help shift my mood.  I still didn't feel like lifting, but I at least felt like staying to do the work.  Well, some sort of work.... :) I did give what I had to the session, it is just that sometimes....I don't have too much to give.


I am also impatient about my artistic lift as well...but I have already written about that.  

Perhaps...Mona....perhaps I need more discipline and consistency in this area as well.....time to go back to acting class....time to find a film acting class......time to find an agent.....time to reach out and give what I have to it.

1 comment:

  1. On the discipline note, I don't want to say it's my only option so I have to do it. I want to be doing it for the fact that I want to, not because it's the only thing and I HAVE to. During running or swimming or trying to open my eyes in the morning I try to remember to say out loud "I like running, It will change me, it IS changing me..." etc etc and it's like a self hypnotizing trick. I do it with foods that I will eat that are good for me but not the kind I WANT to eat....I choose to eat them more often than just eating it cause it's in front of me and I have no other choice.

    Thanks, That reminded me of what I use to do :)

    ReplyDelete