Trees

Trees

Friday, February 8, 2013

Repost....

I wanted to post something about my birthday...but it just came out all lame and rambling...

I wanted to post something about aging....lame and rambling...

I wanted to post and update on my latest Whole 30...lame and rambling....

I wanted to post some thank yous to Marz and to BJ & WILL for the kilt day and how moved I was to walk into a sea of plaid....lame and rambling....

So~I am posting something someone else wrote....which is the opposite of lame and rambling...


Becoming great in anything has everything to do with being driven and nothing to do with motivation. I have said it many times but motivation is fleeting. Being driven is on a far deeper level than being motivated. Drive comes from your core. It resides in the same place as your belief system, morals, and character qualities.

How do you become driven? Figure out what you want to be great at.

What are you willing to give up to accomplish your goals?

Are you willing to do the preparation necessary to be what you want?

Are you willing to remove people, things, and habits from your lives that can hinder your progress?

Can you be selfish enough day in and day out to be what you want?

Those questions must be answered if you are to be what you want. Deep introspection can always keep us on the path we choose. ~James Bullock


Looks like I need a little time to think about these questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment