Trees

Trees

Monday, September 10, 2012

pass the butter....take 3.

Crab conversation~

They:  So, what happens now?

Me: Huh?

They:  Since you took first at those games, what happens now?

Me: *confused look on my face* um, hopefully I will get some invitations to some other games.

They:  Is that it?

Me:  ummm

They: I thought it would be something better than that....

Me:  ummm....I don't know. 

They:  Doesn't really seem worth it then.

Me:  Oh...Well...I love it.(then I walked away)



Made me laugh the rest of the day.

Sooooo,  Friday.....

Had my first beer wod post workout...I only had one rep though, since I had to drive.  I had not yet brought beer to the Friday night workout....I definitely wanted to bring it as a thank you for all the support.

Friday night was Shoulder Press, Squats, Good mornings, Crush work...

Started with Shoulder presses.  I thought...attack this fresh...Still cannot break 105.  I did 2 sets of 2 at 105....but really, I slapped on 115...could not budge it.  110....nope.  I got a little pissy...but oh well...

Loaded for back squats...have not gone heavy in 2 weeks so I looked at the working sets and just sort of figured I would have to drop the weight.  As I started to work...everyone around me was doing weighted pull ups...so inspiring to me....so much weight swinging around the gym.

2x5 45
1x5 100
1x3 150  this felt heavy...which made me laugh at myself...cause I knew it was gonna be a rough one...Matt S looked at me and said...smile Mona...I didn't even realize I wasn't.

1x2 200  not heavy...can someone please explain that to me???

working sets...
255...ugh!

Load it up, get under it....I can hold it at least....down up....3 times.

second set....down up...down...ugh...dumped it.

Third set...a couple folks are watching me now...I manage 3 again..shocked the shit outta me...

2 sets of 3 at 255.... with a bonus 1 rep thrown in there..

I get the good mornings done, the grip work...then I move to some pull ups. How could I not after watching all these people do weighted ones?  There are 4 levels of bands at the gym...white, green, red, then the thinnest purple.  They take off a certain amount of your body weight to help you do pull ups.  I have been on the green...for a looooong time.  I did my first 2 sets on the green and I realized I was doing chest to bar pull ups...

sigh.

Time to try...time to push.  So I wrap that red band around my foot for my last set....and I get them all done.  I have a feeling I have found my next target.....get off of those bands completely for my birthday.

On Saturday...I am TOAST.  Hot damn...but~it was my butt that hurt...back was fine and dandy.  So even though I know I broke form a bit on that last set of squats...I know I was still lifting properly....

Threw on Sunday too......then lots and lots of football....it was a pretty nice weekend!

Back to the doctor today....more work on my neck....

No comments:

Post a Comment