Trees

Trees

Thursday, July 5, 2018

ooops

Is it really July 5th?

I haven't posted since June 22, so much for keeping myself accountable with workouts and such.

Ok...to recap....Emery's recovery is going really well...I have been bugging him to start some yoga, but it's his recovery and I need to keep my nagging to myself.

I have been eating like crap.  Way too much sugar with all the traveling.  I am trying to get my ass back on track today.

So far so good, but it's early.  I figure if I can clamp back down for 3 days, I'll be a little better off. I am too scared to weigh in after all the June travel, but whatever.  I know I have put a few back on; saying I'm scared is kinda dumb.  I have been more consistent in the gym...I never really gave up, but what I am trying to do right now is to be more present while I am there.  Frankly go a little "harder" too.  Whatever the shit that means.  I will argue that actually means more present in my body and with what I am doing.

No reading magazines while working out for this old lady, not that there is anything wrong with that.  Moving is moving.

I am just trying to connect to myself in this way and it is simply what I need.

Got confirmation from Diego this week that BJ IS trying to either kill me or get me to quit Praxis.

We shall see sir, we shall see.

BJ has been pushing all sorts of not just one hand and one leg things, but a ton of throwing drills. Which feel suspiciously like cardio to me.

I am super grateful for all the work he puts in to my training, even when I seem to be incapable of matching that work.  He really is a gem.  But don't tell him...he may kick me out of the gym faster.

As for the weight thing...I am close to being down where I felt like it is good to throw from.  But I am weaker than I have been in a while, so I will have to just take this a day at a time.  A training session at a time...OHHHHH  I have been spinning too. Not the 45  minutes I used to do, but usually about 20 minutes 2-4 days a week.

The sober summer is coming along too.  The heat and not having a beer is annoying, but I am sorta over it finally.  I had a few days there where there was a little too much outside pressure to just have one since I had done so well so far.  I actually spoke up.

yes

me

I said something.

That's big for me!

And it really is no big deal.


Rest day for me.  My hip is bugging me and I threw a bunch of stone yesterday.  Shitty. But I am trying.

Stones.

Back to the gym tomorrow and if it stays a little cooler, I will throw as well. I looked at the workout that I will do tomorrow and it includes something called a suitcase dead lift.

Yeah....BJ is trying to kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment