Trees

Trees

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

one week gone....NO!!!!

It's ok, time moves.

So, 5 weeks now, and I am not really making enough progress to the 100,  I am at 102.7.

And what did I do since Friday to prep for Pleasanton??

Well, everyday, even this morning , I have been doing my PT work.  I have scheduled a massage.  I threw stones and weights in my yard on Saturday, and I threw hammers and weights on Sunday.

Not bad....the throwing though...ugh.  Something has shifted in my hammer, and not in the right direction. I am not even throwing it as far as I did in May....sigh....

Speed continues to be an issue....I am starting up too fast and I am not driving the hammer head....too gentle.  Ha.

As for the gym...yikes.

It is a testing week....Talked to BJ a little, this will be a 14 week program...focusing on getting the power production when you need it.  SO...um....speed...  I won't be dialed in or peaking for Pleasanton, but you know...that's ok.  I am just happy to jump on this train...

So what did I test yesterday?

3 rep max on a clean...(sad) 125, probably could have gone a little higher.
2000 meter row  9:48.  I was happy with the pace I set to start and I was able to, at the 1/2 way mark, up the pace a little.
Vertical Jump  19.25 inches, hopefully I can increase this in 14 weeks.
Triple Jump thing  20.15 inches. So much jumping.


There is more testing the rest of the week....I'll post as I get these done.


I wanted to thank a couple more folks....my friend Grace.  I honestly cannot remember exactly when we met.  I am pretty sure I met her before my first game....but it was at my first game that she reached out a hand to me.  See, I showed up to my very first game without a kilt.  I didn't have much of anything with me.  Grace, who didn't really know me from a hole in the ground, gave me her car keys and told me to go get her extra kilt that was in her back seat. 
There it is....

Since then....well, Grace is my sister.  She has seen me through some pretty dark stuff; as well as one of the most joyful days of my life, and it all started over a borrowed kilt. 

That first game, I also met this crazy lady:
I know we are silly and goofy and shenanigans filled,  but Michelle has had my back from what feels like day one.  She has also fought for me when it wasn't even requested.  I am both inspired by her and made hopeful by her presence in my life.  It's great to be able to bounce not just the good things off of you, but the tough things we go through as aging athletes. The ways in which we can beat ourselves up unnecessarily. Somehow though...we move past that shit, I hope I help you move past it too, and inevitably crack ourselves up.

I love these two women, Grace and Michelle.

You both have shown me that I am worth being around, just for being me.  You have both shown me that I am an athlete, no matter how I actually throw on any given day. And frankly, you both have kept me coming back when I really wanted to walk away from both the games and myself.

Thanks you two...






No comments:

Post a Comment