Trees

Trees

Friday, June 22, 2018

Working out.

I am trying to get back on track...again...but I am not even sure where the track is anymore. 

I have been better about hitting the gym on Thursday when I know I will be out of town for the weekend, so I suppose I found a spur that might lead to the track.  I have spent the last 4 or so years off track with fitness and throwing goals; but you know, I keep "trying." I am thinking, at least today, that is enough.

BJ has been experimenting on me...lots of "off-set" squats and deads as well as a bunch of one leg or one arm movements.  Yesterday was kinda rough, but I am finding myself a different sort of sore in the gym....and old sort of sore. Perhaps the is yet another spur that may or may not lead back to the track.

As for Pikes....I really love being up there, with all those CO throwers and a good showing of NM people too.  Love the old women group.  It;s fun to see how much the game has changed since I first went.  They used to struggle to get one very mixed class,now there are 3 classes for women.

I had a really great time getting some more sheaf tips.  Lucky for me Mike Dickens videoed a couple of my throws and showed them to Chad....there was a weird thing I was doing with my feet that Mike saw and Chad being the smart cookie he is; was able to explain, in watered down physics terms, why it wasn't necessarily working for me...The last throw was big...It didn't clear the bar because it was in front....but it was easy and big.

Teresa was also trying to help me a bit on stone.  I know the basics of what I was screwing up.  Frankly, I have no idea how I started to throw so screwy, but the point now is to correct it.  Maybe I'll get back to throwing stone like I did 6 years ago.... 

So wonderful that spirit in these games.  God knows, there are folks out there that aren't like that, but mostly....yeah.....mostly they are.  I can't ever throw like these top throwers, but I am not meant to.  What these amazing throwers give me, is information that may help me be the best throw I can be. 

That IS what I am mean to be/do...the best that I can.

Not sure I will ever get there, I mean, if we every get where we are going, doesn't that mean we are in danger of stopping?  My goals need to be a moving, flexible target.

That's the great thing about throwing with Edie and Teresa and Beth and Rachel and Cindy and so many more that I can't get all your names on here; I get to keep learning, keep reaching, keep exploring what I may be able to achieve some day.

So thanks. 

I am still struggling with the concept of self care that Emery has encouraged me to get after...but I don't know what that is yet...but I do know that too, will be a moving, flexible target.

I'll write about that another day maybe, as t=for this weekend, we have a demo in Cortez....sheaf, WOB and caber. It'll be a good chance to work on my wonkie feet and maybe fix the disaster that has become my WOB. Gotta relax too....hmmmmm.


1 comment:

  1. Have fun, don't get hurt--at least that's my HG mantra! My goal is to live to 100 without any joint replacements. Teresa M

    ReplyDelete