Trees

Trees

Monday, July 23, 2018

6 & 100

I threw this weekend in Flag...and I was a mess...threw like hammered dog shit, as Grant likes to say.  My first throw was nice...easy, decent throw too, then the rest of the day....dang.  I haven't felt embarrassed by my throwing in a while...but I did and I must let that go.  My best event was by far the cherry pit spitting contest. The master's ladies really did have a blast...rain delays, lightening delays, diffucult news...we got to be there for one another, and that's such a huge part of what I love.

Ok then.

I managed it.....I got accepted back into Pleasanton! Super humbled and grateful for the chance to throw there again.  I knew last week, but I haven't made the time to write. 

Here is the list of ladies I get to throw with:

Women’s 40+ Masters Class:
#141 Michelle Crownhart – Phoenix, AZ
#142 Mona Malec – Santa Fe, NM
#143 Bethany Owen – San Jose, CA
#144 Kimberly Ross Pollard – Olivehurst, CA
#145 Rachel Smith – Tempe, AZ
#146 Dione Shastid – Hesperia, CA
#150 Kristina Vetter – Palo Alto, CA
#151 Katy Horgan – Phoenix, AZ


Squeeeeee!

Six weeks....I am not the thrower I once was, you know that already.  But I have been busy giving all sorts of reasons why.  But it comes down to this, time and energy.  It has been going to other  parts of my life. You know what? Fucking Happily too....needed, necessary, and happily.

So here I am 6 weeks out from my favorite game, high pressure(partially self imposed) game, and what are my goals?

Numero Uno.....

Quick fucking with my own head.  I am where I am.  I am gonna work on my form and hopefully discover a little more speed.  Form hasn't really collapsed, but my speed has.....I am not nearly as strong as I used to be either. and you know what...that is freakin' OK!



Numero Dos.....
Remember this woman.....



What is the 100 for in this blog?

That is another goal....100...not pounds, but kilos...sounds funnier....I am headed there, but I'd like to get there before Pleasanton.

Ok...what did I do today on my six week plan, got up and walked this morning, did my PT work, and hit the gym this afternoon.

I'm sorry, the gym hit me. 

Damn you BJ.  He didn't label it 'Butt Stuff" , he should have.

Bulgarian split squats, hamstring things, glute bridges, then this one arm/one leg kettle bell thing that left me sad...and regretful of most of my life choices again.

It started with rows, so I grabbed the 12 kilo...when I finished the first set, I just laughed at myself...no way I'd get through all of that....had to drop to the 8...the RDLs with the 5 count down and the 5 count hold were the worst though...I mean the best. 

Good stuff there....  my ass hurts.

Another thrower, who has also needed to put their focus and energy on other things, and I are going to try to keep each other on track during these 6 weeks....two days of throwing need to get added.  Not to fix everything...not to get it all beck....not to be a beast....but to remember who we are, how to throw with a little ease instead of desperation, how not to beat ourselves up, and maybe remember how to stay in the trig. 😆



No comments:

Post a Comment