Trees

Trees

Thursday, August 2, 2018

More tests

Road trippin to Pleasanton...and Colorado this weekend.

The Colorado Scottish Festival is back in Denver this weekend...yippie.  I am predicting a rough game as I am sore as shit today.

TESTS.

Tuesday:
3 rep on back squat  235
"Agility Drill" 6.5 seconds
40 yard "dash"  7.78 seconds

Sooooo humbling, I realize I am not training my squat right now, but dang.  A little more than 18 months ago, my three rep was like 305....popping that knee out really has me, sad.  But really?  Whatever, I already knew I wasn't as strong as I used to be.  This is where I am. Hopefully I can keep getting this knee stronger and there will be progress on this number.  Same with the running...this is me....all I want is to be a little better in 14 weeks.

Wednesday:
Hex Bar Dead 3 rep max 285
400 meter "sprint"  2:32
Airdyne 5x30second sprints 48 calories.

I had more in me for the deads...I was supposed to take 2 shots at it, I decided NOT to do a third because I had to "run"...hahahaha.  God I hate running.  Nothing gasses me more...or hurts my knees more.

Today:
Bench 3rep max 125
Kneeing Chest Pass  30 pound ball 190 inches
Reverse Toss   30 pound ball 234 inces
10min on Airdyne for calories 99

Looks like my bench is the only lift that hasn't completely fallen apart...and if you have followed me for long you'll get how funny that is.  I went for 130 and failed.  All of these numbers are like...Ok...let's see where we go from here.

Very different form my expectations when I am throwing...speaking of which, have I thrown this week? NO...every single time it was time to throw, it started to rain. Oh well....


I am tired this week and sore.  I have PT and a massage before the game Saturday, thank the 8 pound 6 ounce baby jebus.

I am actually really looking forward to retesting this stuff...all of it.  Yes the running too....



Oh, nothing to report on the 100 yet....hahahaha

Heading back to Colorado this weekend has gotten me thinking of how thankful I am that I met Mark Buchanan .  I can't really remember when we met, but I am always grateful when I am at a game with him.  He is another person in this sport that has helped me to keep coming back.  I cannot even really explain way.  There is just something about the way he treats people, athletes that makes you know you are more than just welcome, but that you need to be there...


Which brings me to someone else whom I just adore and I am endlessly grateful for.  Again, I cannot remember at which game we met, it may have been a Flagstaff game ages ago.  Beth Burton.  Dang I love love love being on the filed with her.  I love hanging out with her and Shannon.  I remember at my first Enumclaw game, she was throwing elites...I'm a noob with the Masters and she made the time to pull me aside because she saw me getting frustrated or annoyed with myself and she helped me calm down about and coach me a little on stone. (clearly I need more of her mojo with that) I can only imagine the pressure at her level, yet there she was; straightening  my ass out.  There was also a year in Pleasanton when I needed a lift from the airport....there were Beth and Shannon to save my butt....and there was a group of us that went shopping...that was the year I forgot my shorts! I just get the giggles when I see her on the field...so grateful for the example she sets and for knowing that I can reach out to her without judgement.

And she let's me sit on her lap and be a goof... I just love her.




No comments:

Post a Comment