Trees

Trees

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Missing the groove

Well the title says it all....  my mojo is off, my groove is gone.  I tried to throw on Sunday..WFD and Hammer...I had to quit.

My head is messing with me...stress is pulling me off balance, which is tricky when you are already off balance from having an iron ball at the end of a chain or PVC.

Thinking about hitting the Whole 30 again after this weekend's competition in Enumclaw....I keep "trying" to get back on track and it usually lasts, oh, until lunch.  Funny thing that I can *tell* myself what I want and really want it, but obviously not enough to *do* what needs to be done.  Frankly....food does ease some of the crap...I can get very happy eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Ok Workouts....

Friday was SWEET!

DB Snatch 8x2  (45lbs)
Tire flips  1 min on 2 min rest  x4
Sledge Hammer  (12 lb)  30 sec on 30 sec off x3
Hungarian core blaster  3x8
Tricep extension 3x8


I have no idea how big the tire was, but the first pull on this f#%ker was a shock to me... I managed to get 4 flips each minute, almost 5 on the last one.  I got pretty scraped and bruised from this one... I have to say too that I love the DB snatches...they feel like they are super connected to throwing. There were just too many of them and they were too heavy...No~not really.

Yesterday was another high volume day.

Back Squats 10x3  (185)
Push Press    5x3   (105)
Good Mornings  3x5   (65)
Pull ups.   SIGH.....

Went 40 pounds heavier on the squats than last week...2 less sets and I felt like I could have gone heavier.  I think I was still coming up fast which is what BJ is shooting for...so I think it was a good weight.  I was much more smoked after this one.

Push Press, I know it's not a lot...but I had loaded that same as last time 95 and I just wondered if I could go up and still do them fast...Will thought I was making a "pain" face....he encouraged me to put 10 more on.  I think that within the sets I was still quick, but it took longer to recover between sets. Or maybe I am just lazy...that is a possibility.

I am headed to Enumclaw this weekend....I am looking forward to the competition and to watching some of these throwers.  I am hoping I can settle my head and at least have a shot at throwing close to what I threw last year....

BR                 24'1"
Open              28'4"
HWD             33'6"
LWD             63'7"
LH                 80'1"
Sheaf             18'
WOB             15'

I think HWD and WOB will be with the 21 this year so those numbers won't match up.  I am feeling a bit of pressure since last year at these games I set some field records...but that pressure is mine and silly at best.  Frankly...this is a really good field...and hopefully between the 6 of us we set all new records.

I mean..look:

 ~ MASTER WOMEN - Sunday ~
MONA MALEC* Santa Fe, NM
JULl PETERSON* Wauwatosa, Wl 
KlM DENNlS, Kelowna, BC
MlCHELLE CROWNHART, Phoenix, AZ
REGlNA WECHTER, Canby, OR
MlCHELE McDANEL, Kirkland, WA

Wanna see who I get to watch throw?

~ ELlTE WOMEN APPLlCANT LlST ~
KATHRYN BURTON, Silverdale, WA    
ADRlANE WlLSON, lrmo, SC 
DANlELLE CURRY, Columbia, SC
KRlSTY SCOTT, Ellensburg, WA    
BETH BURTON, Chico, CA    
MEGAN MELHAN, Edmonton, AB

 ~ WOMEN'S A CLASS APPLlCANT LlST - Saturday ~
ANDREA MONTAGUE* Bozeman, MT
LYMAN ASAY* Pocatello, lD
HEATHER MacDONALD, Goodyear, AZ
OLlVlA TYLER, New Braunfels, TX 
STEPHANlE ROBBlNS, Chico, CA 
BETHANY OWEN, San Jose, CA
STEPHANlE WARNOCK, Sandy, UT 

I am one lucky bitch, aren't I??

No comments:

Post a Comment