Trees

Trees

Friday, May 24, 2013

trying and falling and getting back up.

By summer time last year I was pretty good at getting right back to the gym after a games...well...Monday....just didn't happen.  I am STILL working on this stinking cold which I have now passed on to Vivi...sorry kiddo~

Tuesday I got my butt to the gym and decided to do two lifts instead of the one that was scheduled.

Back Squats:
3x5 

135, fine easy blah
185, ok...snotty, blah
205, sigh why does this feel heavy?

3x3

235, Did BJ turn on the floor magnets again?  I decided I was tired or lazy maybe, but I decided to stay at this weight for all of the sets....

Clean & Jerks:
3x3

I am still working on cleaning up form on these so I went light...concentrating on having an active back.  I know if I can get this into muscle memory it will mean bigger lifts and hopefully better throwing form too.

55, 65, 75

Then I did my box jump thinggy and I tried a drill that one of the throwers showed me for WFD...I doubt I did it right, but there it is.

The next day?  My neck was so bad I could barely move by the end of the day....I vacillated between tears of pain and just rage.  I head over to the doc to pick up my prescription for my heart crap and I ask about an appointment for an adjustment. She has worked on my neck before and has brought me to a whole new place with it.  The woman at the desk says...July.

What?  Ok doesn't she have anything set aside for "emergencies"?

No...

Um I am in a lot of pain...do you have a call list in case you have a cancellation?

We don't. Just call occasionally to see if someone cancelled.

So I get in my car...pissed...Just call?  Really? No list?

A shame really, her work is good...I will make a series of appointments, but I really can't describe the shape the neck it in right now.  Ah...Paul, let's see if I can get into Paul.  I am reticent to call for a couple reasons...He is booked lately, it can hurt to work with him, and frankly, sometimes he yells at me and I sorta can't deal with that right now.  I just make the fucking call....he calls me back and miracle of miracles he had an appointment for me on Monday.

Thursday:

Sheaf work, Hammer winds....(these hurt my stupid ass neck) and then I have added this thing I saw on strong and far. It's a stone throwing drill where you have one foot up on a box to help with the power coming from your back leg....kinda cool.

Hang Cleans:

4x3

35~75~95~115

These were ok...I paused in the position over the knee, taking care to engage my lazy back...

When I was done...I had another freaking tachy event...I just stayed on the floor...I was dizzy and IRRITATED.

I had a meeting to go to after the gym and the heart just kept on marching along without my permission.  I finally felt better about an hour later...but I am worn the hell out today from it and yeah...the clean & jerks aggravated my neck. Not nearly as bad as I was on Wednesday....

I get to see Paul Monday and I am hopeful that we can get this stinking thing back in place. In the mean time I am still too freaked out to do the regular workouts at the gym, by not doing them I am feeling less and less able to do them.

The gym is moving locations this weekend so I think when that is done, I need to really talk to BJ about how to get back into this more and how to structure what I do for the rest of the summer...just gotta get back up.



No comments:

Post a Comment