Trees

Trees

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sorry..I'm Lazy Bitch

Ok...so the second part of this article popped up on my feed this morning....so I went back read the first. 

Strong Women

Here is the second part....

Strong 2

Why am I posting these?

The first thing?  A little shame....for a long time I was a girl....and I have been surrounded by girls and little boys. Not everyone of course...but major players? Yes...and I bought into it.  I still feel it sneak in and around me as a matter of habit.

Secondly...the second article made me tear up a little.....this passage in particular.


Girls and boys who fear ambition would do their best to bring down those who would seek something exceptional. And as previously stated, many women out there bring themselves down to the level of these boys in an effort to help them feel like men. Marianne Williamson said it correctly here, “There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you.”  It is does not serve those who are feeble minded to minimize yourself due to their lack of avidity.


I look at my life now....and I am so blessed to have both men & women in my life who will not accept my "self shrinking" any more.  I need to be stronger not just for myself, but for the people in my life as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment