Trees

Trees

Thursday, November 29, 2012

New Program

Ok..I am three days into the new programming and I feel like crying.  Mainly because I promised myself I would work at being less whiny and wimpy.. and I feel anything but...grrr.  I am also coming out of an extended period of craptacular eating, so...yea...that may have something to do with it.

Monday:
My scheme is a little different that the programing...all lifts this week will be 5 5 5 3 3 3. In addition, anything that can be "banded" will be. 

Back Squats 
175X5
175X5
190X5
190X3
200X3
200X3

I know they seem light...BUT about 70pounds of the weight were Kettle Bells that were banded to the ends of the bar.  I go no end of pleasure from the sensation this caused (get your mind outta the gutter).  I haven't laughed this hard in a while.  I was also taxed in a way that was completely new.  My inner and outer thighs were screaming the next day...as were my ABS!  I know there is method to BJ's madness on this...I have stability issues when I throw...he is fixing that.

Shoulder press

3X5 65
3X3 75

Um NO Bands.

THEN we did a farmer carry/sprint workout.

Tuesday:
Dead Lifts.
Um...these are also banded...to a weird sled thing that I stand on when I lift.  Holy hell...to get full extension...the amount of power it takes at the end of the lift is blogging my tiny little mind. 

And..no laughing at these numbers...it really was hard,

3x5 135
3x3 195

Then 3X15
Toes to bar (um not really for me...more like knees to elbows)
Back extensions

And then there was a WOD
3 Power Cleans
3 pull ups
6 push ups
9 jump touch things

9 minute AMRAP

I got 4 rounds...HA!


Yesterday was a rest day...well, recovery workout day:
3x5 Pullups (weighted~but not for me) I seem to be struggling YET AGAIN on the freaking red band. sigh...
3X15 RDL
3x15 Roll outs...I hate these, they always hurt my lower back so I freaking cheated...I only did 10 per set.

Then I did grip work and Hammer winds...The hammer winds freaked some people out...so to be nicer to the lovely folks at Zia...I'll do them outside next time.

I am feeling really taxed by this already and I don't know why....I think I am feeling overwhelmed by the goals I have set for myself; which by the way are still vague since I haven't written them down....and very doubtful of my ability to follow through with the training.  I guess the only thing I can do at this point is to show up and hope this feeling goes away...gets washed away by sweat...rather than tears. I feel like I need a "good angel" to sit on my shoulder to remind me to go to the gym, to eat better, to stop being so mean to myself.

I am just feeling chubby and cranky and it leaves me unmotivated.  I still haven't looked at goals for next year...I can't seem to bear to look at the numbers and the accompanying work it will take to get there.

Oh well...

Today will be more dangling squats and banded bench press...so I am guessing I will at least be laughing over the lunch hour!


No comments:

Post a Comment