Trees

Trees

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

numbers I can't remember.

I am super bad at writing down my numbers when I throw at a games, hell, half the time I don't even know what I throw, since I can feel a crappy throw.  I will often walk away.  Oh well.

Here is what I sort of remember form Flagstaff:

Heavy Hammer  54'  and something....Not a best but not too bad.  I'd like to be throwing in the low 60's by the spring.. First throw was my best.

Light Hammer   66' 5"   a PR..(5 inches) , but the hips need to drive more.  Didn't throw in my boots either...we were in a baseball diamond...and I am too inexperienced to throw in the boots placed under a board.

Braemer... um....I don't know...I think 23?  24?  I have no clue...I also know that stone PR's are so freaking random since you never really know how heavy the stone is gonna be.

Open stone...see above.  Well, the thing I took away from open stone was consistency,  each throw was 27' and between 7-9"  That was cool.

WOB.  17'...with the 21lb.  I was shooting for 18', I know I can do it, but I started to rush my throw before it came through my legs and it kept hitting the bar on the way up.  I need to throw at 18 feet just like I do at 12.  I was disappointed in my performance here....

Caber...um...it started POURING...which my friends, is awesome...but there was only one stick for the ladies masters and neither Michelle or I wanted to try the women's open caber in the rain.  I think if it had not been raining, I might have tried to at least pick it. Best throw of three was 11:55.

Heavy Weight for distance.  40' something...I was super tentative with the wet grass...could NOT get my stupid hips around, not was I able to build to a sprint for the final spin.

Light weight for distance....in the 50's...HA!  I can't remember....all I remember at this point was counting down to the final throws and watching some huge throws by Beth, Heather, and Gretchen...which were beautiful to watch!

Next Games are in California!  Kinda excited about this, but I also know I need to freaking relax or my head will get in my way....I spoke with BJ about this and we are gonna probably gonna take a two week break from the lifting and focus on speed before I leave.

As for last night?  I was super happy I got back at it.  I was telling one of the women at the gym that it is so easy for me, post competition, to give in to how sore I feel and put off getting back to the work.  I felt that even stronger, knowing what this lifting program is like.

I started with the snatches since during Jeremy's workshop he made it  really made it clear that most of us only really have about 10-12 good snatches AND they need to be done first...super glad I did!  Even BJ said that I looked more comfortable.  HA!

1x3x35
1x3x50
1x2x75
1x2x90
2x2x100

I know....shhhh....whatever, I am working on it.

Then  back Squats

2x5x45
1x5x85
1x3x130
1x2x175
2x5x220  Yes indeed, I typed that right, that is 5 pounds less than my one rep max.
1x3x220  I am supposed to do 5+ for this set...but my back said...NO! I was sweating like a huge farm animal at this point...I went outside after the last rep thinking I might puke.

Then Bench Press....please...no giggling at the numbers.

2x5x45
1x5x55
1x3x80
1x2x105
2x5x117.5  ...125 is my one rep max on this...I was super happy with these...
1x3x117.5  The beautiful Kelly was my spotter and she really wanted me to count my half rep...

Then I did 4x15x50 of good mornings and some captains of crush work...I felt...spent....

BJ comes back over to me as I am sweating and trying to improve my grip....He lets me know that he too is working on a similar program and that sometimes he looks at it and thinks...no way...that he gets under the bar and thinks no way...that he hurts and feels like stopping too....that he finishes and is shaky and sweaty and goes to work thinking for a moment he can't make it through the day, I felt lifted when he shared this with me, that the struggle is shared. Too often, I look around at people in the gym or on the field,  and think that it looks easy for them....I had made a crack to Kelly, that I was living proof that you should never wait to choose to get fit in middle age.

I am wrong about that of course.

... it isn't my age that makes this hard.  I asked BJ to push me and he gave me what I asked for...and he keeps looking at me like he has no doubts that I can do this.  BJ asked the same of himself and he struggles along as well.  I laughed with him, that just three weeks ago, my first working set of back squats were 200lbs, and I could NOT do it....and yesterday I did 220.  So I'll just keep plugging along...working on building this piece...and in a few short months I'll get back into those crazy crossfit classes and I am sure that BJ & I  will discover the next piece of my training puzzle....and I will have self doubts and set backs and all of that will be worth it...just worth the getting up and trying.




No comments:

Post a Comment