Trees

Trees

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Uh oh 3 and 100

I think I have blogger block.

I had committed to tracking my work once I knew I got into P-Town....but I haven't really written since my migraine weekend....


ahhhh.

Um  Ok...

I went to the gym.

and I am at 101.7

I won't make that 100, but that wasn't my main focus anyway...I did throw Tuesday...but dang, the backyard is on such a steep slope that I can't do a two turn on WFD....Grant says it's all in my head, but I don't think so....so there.

 I only had two more practices til Pleasanton, and since we have all the equipment...I am doing something super selfish this week.  We are bringing cabers again and going up, but I am going to bring the stones,weights, and hammers that I need.  Get some video done and just work in the corner of the park all by myself.

This new programing is great...It sucks, but it is great.  It is all these 5 minute do as many as you can and move on things...then he usually makes me finish with some sprinting nonsense. Today was 7 sets of 100 meter rows.

I got one under 20 seconds!  19.6. I was pretty gassed after that.

I am really grateful to have BJ writing my programing.  I know there are all sorts of guides and internet whoo ha out there, but I trust him.  Started the first day we met....at a weightlifting meet.  I was not lifting; a friend, Pattie Ravenheart was competing that day.  I was sitting behind a group from Zia Crossfit (GO ZIA) which was his gym at the time. We chatted a bit and then he asked me for my email so he could send me something...a magazine.  It was about training for the highland games. 

Took me like 5 months to join his gym, but from the beginning he has done research about throwing and throwers and I know he is in large part the reason I did so well in Scotland in 2014.  I keep coming back and he keeps putting up with me, even during these last few years when my focus has not been at the gym or for my sport.

I always write that he's gonna kick me out, but I hope he doesn't.....He joked with me once that he can't get rid of me because no matter what ridiculous thing he puts in my programming- I will try it.

I am super grateful for this guy.  For the work he does for me...for all the people he coaches...and for being one of the people who keeps me coming back to the gym and back to the field. Gotta get a Praxis team together again for Aztec....
Thanks BJ, you really are a gem.

I miss the days when I really felt a part of the gym, I don't really anymore...I just come at noon and because I don't live up here, I don't join in the things that make us feel like a family.  I am like the dorky 3rd cousin that shows up at the reunion.  But that's how things work sometimes. 

Shit, I feel like that about a few things right now...Highland games included....like I have forgotten how to keep myself as part of the group instead of being the crabby old complaining lady who shows up with equipment and complains that she used to be a good thrower...Shit, I don't wanna be around a person like that either!

And don't get me started on my artistic life....I'll just start crying.

But it's ok....really.  I am not depressed or anything, I am in flux.  Like a flux Capacitor or something.  Maybe that's why BJ has me doing sprints, so I can get my ass up to 88 miles an hour....
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment