Trees

Trees

Monday, August 13, 2018

migraines and, well, not much work.

I get migraines once in a while. Every couple of months or so.  I had never had one at a game until Aztec last year...I stubbornly tried to keep throwing, but it eventually brought me to my knees.  Well, I got one Friday, luckily it hit just as I got home from work.  Straight to bed for me.  As you can imagine, I didn't get shit done Friday, well maybe a load of laundry once the nasty part of the migraine had passed.  Saturday, I was a little slow, I always am post migraine...I call it a hangover.  I can't bend down or move very fast and light generally bothers me. Sooooooo, Sunday, I get up, feeling pretty good.  There is a longish list of stuff around the house to do and of course practice.

We wrap up practice ( I mostly worked hammers) and get gas...and I get that damn light halo thing... another migraine.

Are. You. Kidding. Me.

Really?

So, what I am gonna start getting these bastards more often? Of course that is where my thoughts go.  I left practice pretty ok for a change, knowing some of the work I'd been doing in the yard was translating into throws. 

Of course I let that tank my mood and I went to bed.  At first I thought it was going to be minor, like a shadow of Friday's migraine....but it was actually worse...

Frustrating. 

So now I'm trying not to freak out. 

For those of you that know me...you can imagine my list, right?

What if I can't train anymore and I have been on a good track.
What if I get a migraine on the plane.
What if I get a migraine at the game.
What if I start getting these like twice a week.

Oh well.

I can just look at this like it was a forced rest...I don't always have to get everything done that is on my freakin' list.



Last week I had a little trouble with the additional throwing days....rain kept moving in....I had some funny days in the gym too. 

One of them involved 500 step ups.

I won't do that again...took me forever...then BJ comes over and says that the stuff listed in Tuesday and Thursday is like a buffet...choose what you want. Oh....alright then....

500 step ups....😆

I will be trying to get to the gym today, but I am a little worried about my head.  It still hurts a little....

OH and I have to move the workouts around a little...MWF are required and I am taking Emery to Phoenix on Friday...quick one...he has a concert to go to Friday nite...back home Saturday. 

Yeah, I know, I am nuts...but I wanna enjoy this time with him too.  He will be off and on his own soon enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment