Trees

Trees

Thursday, August 23, 2018

CRAP!

Yet another oooops.

It's been a while, there are less than 2 weeks now until Pleasanton. I've been making the time to throw in the evening, but it's been raining, so...yea... Chad worked with me a bit on WFD on Sunday...Pushing vs. pulling.  It's pretty cool that I could actually feel it.  I'm not gonna have that dialed in, but I got something new to work on.

I mean, I am not gonna suddenly stop working on stuff after Labor Day.

I am looking forward to the other pieces of the trip too...Extra time in San Fran, Kerry, Matt...

And this kid:
 I saw this and it reminded me of the last time I was in Pleasanton. I had had heart surgery like 3 months before and really was pushing it.  I took third and I was freakin giddy. I am letting go of "I was good once" of "what's that record" of "no one will like me if I don't crush it." (whatever THAT means)...Imma be a happy kid...and enjoy the fact that I am there and that I can still move (thanks Crow)

This year...I am gonna be giddy stepping back on that field.

Oh, how close am I to that 100? no closer, but that's ok too.  I have yo-yo'd so much in the last 10 years....It is always frustrating to see it go up, especially when I was lifting super heavy. I mean, I get it, sometimes that extra weight helps, but I often tell myself it has more influence than it really has...Oh well, it is all a roller coaster.  Isn't it?

I have been a litle remiss in my thank you's too....I was finding it impossible not to name practically everyone I have met at the gym and on the field...ha.  There is some truth in that.  But I wanted to thank my friend Lisa Bradley for keeping me in these games too.  She kept me going before I even found the games.  She's the person who introduced me to Paul the magic man....when I was low...and in constant pain.  Then I roped her into games too...

Lisa gave a name to my condition: Adult Onset Athlete.

She gave me more courage than I can really define...And I am hoping she finds some Highland Athletes in Ohio to play with soon....

Sorry for the shorty, but I've been working on another project and my fingers and brain are tired. 


No comments:

Post a Comment