Trees

Trees

Friday, May 3, 2019

Feeling....

I'm feeling really weird.



I still remember my first game. It was here in ABQ at the Rio Grande Valley Celtic Festival in 2011.  I have written about it ad nauseam, so I won't hit you with all the details...AGAIN.  But I do remember coming down, with Emery, early early that morning.  I lived in Santa Fe at the time.  I had only been to maybe 3 or 4 practices and I was nervous.  I didn't really know anyone, I didn't have a kilt, and my ex never showed up to watch me throw.  Now I have a family of throwers.  And a true partner. 

I felt as weird as I do today and probably tomorrow. 

I kinda thought I'd always throw at these games, but this year was not meant to be.  I was supposed to throw with the young women too...I was looking forward to the challenge, but, well...I have had a few other challenges. As we always do.

Even though it looks like my health stuff was, as I anticipated, a "false alarm", I still stand by my decision to pull out from competition. The stress of waiting for an answer and the soreness of my body this week just confirmed that this was the right thing to do.

But still...weird.

I will be on the field....being a back up judge and helping with side judging and probably making sure y'all are drinking enough and using sunscreen.  I know there are some folks out there that would like to see me go away completely...but y'all can bite my big fabulous ass.

I'll get back to training next week.  James has been wonderfully understanding and supportive.  And once my belly stops aching, I'll get back to some serious (and silly) throwing.

Thanks for reading and if you see me being weird at the festival this weekend, can you just remind me with a gentle slap that it is just a game after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment