Trees

Trees

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Events

I am headed to an event in June.  GRRRL Live in Las Vegas.  It's funny, when it first came, I was super gung ho about it....felt this super urge to go....saved my pennies and got a ticket.  Then I conned my friend Rachel to come with...then...I heard from Heather.  She is going to demo Highland Games stuff and she asked me to help with that...

And here we are 2 weeks out.

And I am guessing my voices are getting the best of me. 

I can't remember what I was thinking.  What was it I thought I might get out of it?  Why the hell did I ever think my fat ass could demo anything? Why did I think I could fit in with all these strong amazing women?

Ahhh see what I did there?

Yeah.

Thank you ugly voices for reminding me why I thought I needed to go....

You...the ugly voices...need some replacing.  I thought this might be another step in helping my 50+ year old self in changing the self talk.

So you are going. right???

Yes...yes.  and I am gonna be awkward and weird and uncomfortable...just like lots of the other women there.

So shut up and demo for Heather...and don't hide in your room.

OHHHHH.....Rachel also has a blog and we talked about doing some joint posting about the event...sounds kinda cool? yea?

That's it...gotta bench today...I'll report on that later.  Gotta get back in this habit if we are gonna post as we go in June...


No comments:

Post a Comment