Trees

Trees

Sunday, May 19, 2019

well geeeeez

So, how'd that game go? You know the one you thought you might feel sad about?

It was fun.

I did a bit of side judging on cabers and cheered people on and just hung out. And. It. Was. Just. Fine.

There have been some big goings on in the art department of my life though...I know I have mentioned the "writing project" I have...

Well....it is still moving forward.

I have been working with Rod...for those of you who have been reading this silly blog for a while...I have been working with Rod for like 25 years...He kills me.  One of those people in my life; lucky for me there are quite a few; who are so god damn smart, it hurts.... you know those folks...they make you better when you are with them, even though they aren't trying to do that at all....ANYWAY....we did Frankie and Johnny like 5 years ago.

He has helped me create a piece.

And, well....it is happening.

Like....we have a space....and dates.  Because I was overwhelmed at the first meeting..I still need to clarify those dates...but we have dates.  Scott Harrison, who runs Ironweed Productions, has pushed me...'cause he is one of those people like Rod...he is pushing and supporting me to do this...thing...this story, that I wasn't even sure was a story. Well, to be honest, I have quite a few people who are supporting this.  I have so many amazing people in my life...I surely don't deserve, but am endlessly grateful for.

It is late October/early November...details to follow when I have them.

AND......

The Adobe theater in Albuquerque has offered me a reading time....So, on June 9th at 7PM...the Adobe theater is hosting me...crazy.  Well, I do need to clarify, they have started a new program.  They call it Second Sundays.  The second Sunday of a show, they have reading of new, local, works in the evening.  I am completely in love with this idea.  I love new works...I love being in a reading...doesn't matter if they are perfect...it is a wonderful opportunity to give a playwright a chance to hear their work....I digress...

I was offered the June spot. June 9th.

Yeah.

Me...What?

Honestly, it terrifies me, but given the work that Rod and I have put in and the fact that we are doing this in November...it is a great way to get our feet wet and hopefully get some good feedback.  Rod and I have decided that I will mostly read the piece, but we will show a few of the physical pieces we have worked on. My friends Quinn and Sheridan, who are a part of the ABQ theater scene, are working on our behalf to get some ABQ theater people there.

This is all a very long way to say I won't be throwing in the Master's Championship Game this year.  I had not really decided that I WOULD, but this makes it clear that I won't.

Truth is, I am a Master's Champion...and I did it in Scotland for fucks sake, against some amazing women. No matter how my athletic pursuits play out, no one can take that away from me.

Right now, art is calling...

and oh, yesterday?  I got a set of 2 push press at 135....that's the shit too...





No comments:

Post a Comment