Trees

Trees

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Art & Sport edition #773

So I have been on this lifting squat program thing for a few weeks...

It's supposed to add 3-5% to your one rep....at least that what most of the folks who have been on it at Praxis have achieved thus far.

Basics?

I squat Monday and Thursday.

Started 6x2 at 80% Mondays the was an increase the first 5 weeks up to 6x6 ( yikes) and Thursday will always stay at 6x2...like a little reset.  So last week I started the descent.  Well, reps and sets go down but % goes up.  This Monday was 4x4 at 90%.  That was heavy...but it was easier mentally...something about 4...yeah, I can do 4.

I did...but I am sore. 

I am not looking forward to next Monday...3x3 at 95%...crap.  That seems scary to me. 

I would be so happy if I got 5%...that would mean 330...still off my all time, but it would be kinda awesome to get 330.

Today...I had an audition...well 2.  Same show different roles.  I did ok on the first, better on the second.  I walked away again just feeling good.  Don't care if I get it, I mean, I would LOVE to get cast; but it is fun to audition too...especially trying to get 2 distinct characters in a single audition.  I decided to go right to the gym...

My training program thing had not updated yet....I finally got it to work and guess what I see in there?

One rep max for a push press.

Crap....BJ..I can't do this,I'm not "ready." Push presses have been HARD lately.  I don't wanna...

ugh.

warm up...2x3 bar
                 1x3 75
                 1x2  105
                
Then 125

I look up my recent one rep...it was 145...so...I figure why go for 145?  so I load 155.

felt good.

um...ok.

165...oh.  well it went up. Not easy, not super fast, but not ugly.

so 170.

miss.

reload.  I get it.. 170.  wheeee.  It's a PR PR too, not just a post surgery pr.  I have gotten 155 before, maybe even 160...I have to find my old book.  That's pretty cool.

Auditions....one rep maxes.  Just breathe and go for it.  Sometimes you get it, sometimes it falls flat.

Too much fun to do both in one day.

But if I thought I was sore today....can't wait to see how this old broad feels in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment