Trees

Trees

Friday, May 1, 2015

Happy Zia time

3 years? 

In honor of my Zia Crossfit very first workout...I have copied AND pasted the blog I wrote after my first 2 workouts at my new gym.  (fancy) This seems like a long time ago...Do I still suck at Crossfit, well, yeah....I don't think I suck anymore...and that is in large part to the community I stumbled into at Zia.

I have a better idea of what I can do and at this point; I would walk into any Crossfit gym or any gym for that matter and just do some damn work. 

I also know that the coaches at Zia have made me a better lifter and a much better thrower than I ever could have imagined I would ever be. 

Is it just a gym? sorta....my life would not be the same with out you...my gym home.

Thanks.




 May 3, 2012
So, the last few days I have been back in the gym.  A different gym.

Tuesday:

5 X 3 Hang Cleans  at 95lbs
then 3 rounds of
9 Overhead Squats and 400 meter run

Wednesday:
1 Rope Climb
50 jump roping
5 Burpees
Bear Crawl
then
Stone & Heavy Weight for Distance

Yes...I sucked...I actually went to this new gym on these two days because they were filled with so many things that I am either afraid of, or a cannot do, or I just plain hate.  (um running..I am looking at you.)

So many times on CrossFit blogs, there is talk of "there is no place for your ego"...blah blah blah. Well lemme just say, as much as I tried to just be present with where I am now, that hideous voice just took over.

"My god, you have been doing CrossFit for  how long and you still can't climb a rope?  do double unders? run faster than a turtle?"

"You'd be better off staying where it doesn't work, because at least they know where you came from."

"Oh...my...they do that differently...you look like a jack ass."

Change is a challenge.  It challenges you ego, your beliefs about not only what you are doing but how you are doing it.  There is some quote about a rose only blooming once the pain of being a bud becomes too painful. So here I go, making another change...and I wonder if there couldn't have been a worse time for me to change my training.  I have less than a month before the International Master's Games and I have my kiddo's graduation from high school.  Shifts~changes~challenges. 

Last night, as I was watching some other folks workout, I had to fight back tears.  I don't even know why.  I missed something, a feeling of the familiar.  I also felt ridiculous for being so bad at everything, but I chose to come when it would be hard so I could see how I would handle the change.

But, I mean really....It is training...It is a gym...talk about a "first world" problem. 

So, I suck...good for me...I have had a lot of suck the last couple of weeks.  Whatever.  I'll do it anyway. I am not sure there is a wrong time to change, it shows up when it shows up.  I am ready for it when I am ready I suppose. So here I go again...

No comments:

Post a Comment