Trees

Trees

Monday, March 16, 2015

About to be startin' something.....





Well....my throwing season kicks off this weekend in hot ass Phoenix. As has become my custom for the 3 of you that read this blog...here are my numbers from last year's game.  I also decided to look at the final game I threw in 2014, just to see where I started where I ended.  Even though I know each game is different...conditions, training, rest, all that stuff is a factor in throwing.  Oh Phoenix was an open & Tucson was masters...thus the vastly different numbers in WOB and HWD.  I do wonder how I will start this season.  I know I have been bitching a fair bit about not having my mojo...and practice has been spotty at best.  Although, I have been doing drills in the gym.

Phoenix    2014








Athlete
Braemar
Open
Heavy
Light
Heavy
Light
Sheaf
WFH
Stone
Stone
WFD
WFD
Hammer
Hammer
10lb
13lb
9lb





Dist
Dist
Dist
Dist
Dist
Dist
Dist
Dist
Mona Malec
21'-9.5"
31'-6"
32'-0"
60'-5"
60'-7.5"
80'-0"
19'-0"
14'-0"


















Tucson








 2014
24' 9"
29' 5"
44' 6.5"
65' 3"
71' 6"
85' 11"
24'
17'


 There has also been some weird crap happening in the throwing community as well.   I remember when I first started...I was hanging out with Michelle and Sarah extolling the wonders of such an awesome community...(which it is) that seems to  avoid a bunch of the political crap I had experienced in the Theater.  I remember they looked at me and....laughed.  I believe one of them said, "oh just you wait, it is there."  Oh boy they are right...I was just star struck I suppose.  There have been some things happening on public forums that really has put a dent in my enthusiasm for throwing.   I have seen throwers who I thought were friendly, or were at least respectful of other athletes, throw accusations around that are unfounded....I have seen people who I thought perhaps even respected me a teensy bit use language in regard to women that was surprising to say the least.  I know that tempers can flare and people perhaps say things behind a keyboard they would not normally say, but I am disheartened. I won't read the forums anymore...I stopped pretty early.  It made me really upset, more than it really should have probably. 

I fucking RESPECT the Athletic Directors.  They are really the bomb. The amount of work they put in to take care of athletes freakin rocks and I get it...each game is unique.  But, if you don't want me there...I can't be there.  I have never been one of those people that feels like..."They don't want me there. I'll show them! Try and get rid of me!"  not me.  I spent far too long in my life in place where I was not wanted, trying to make it work. 

Why would I do that for a hobby? For something that is supposed to be fun?

And please let me make this clear...this is just me...just how I feel....I am not asking anybody to do anything or to feel the same way.

That being said...I have no idea what I may do this year.  I love throwing, I love throwers, I love the community.  I may just stay put this year...play close to home and just play. Or maybe I'll just Pollyanna the whole thing and throw~whatever...Or maybe I'll take up figure skating. There is no politics in figure skating...



I don't know.

The thrill of competition may keep calling....the joy of certain games, throwing with certain people may continue to call me.

Started my acting class yesterday....wow....It was so much like home.  I had to talk a little about who I was at the start of class, what I wanted out of the class.  I said I had begun to believe that I could not be both an actor and an athlete....the actors in the room all groaned..."yes you can." ...and I don't even know most of the people in the class.  Funny, I have had the same response from throwers I talked to about it...

oh well...
























































































No comments:

Post a Comment