Trees

Trees

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Clueless

Haven't written in a long while....holidays, New Years pressures, and a bunch of annoying medical stuff.

Well, I have no resolutions for 2015....and the biopsy on my leg came back clear even if it did mess up my lifting for three weeks because of the annoying little hole it left in my leg. 

My cholesterol is high though.....lipids are low, good cholesterol is in a good range, the bad is just bad....not sure what to do....tweek the food again.....adding fish oil.  I have also been feeling kinda crappy....physically...I am just feeling wrong....too hot all the time...oh yea. Guess what that is....have had a few heart things showing up again...blah blah blah.

I'll just blame stress....easy.  Everyone has stress.  :)

I am really working on not looking back, but during the time of year when the whole culture is looking back it is hard not to. It was an odd year, I hate to say it was terrible because there was so much amazing throughout the year.....much more love, joy, giggles, did I say love than I ever thought possible. 

I am missing acting...I am missing my mojo too...I am lifting and I am really grooving on BJ's program.  Although.....

Enough pull-ups!

I haven't had something drain my confidence so thoroughly as all of these pull ups...cause yeah....I can do about .3 of a pull up.  But I get why he is having us do this-in my head. I really do....I just.....UGH.

Been reading so many things on line about workouts, some by people I know, some are things people post.  I am really impressed by people's knowledge.  Really being clear about what works, what doesn't....makes me realize how little I know about what I am doing.  

Which is fine. I mean part of it is my personality, how I see the world. I have very few things that I take a "hard" stance on.  Even things I really believe in....I can see the flip side...or more accurately I can see the complicated nature of it. This isn't bad or good; I mean it has hurt me, but it doesn't always.  When it comes to working out....I get information overload.  So many people who I respect have so many differing and very strongly held opinions...I know I could learn more, especially about physiology, but frankly, I choose not to put my energy there.  

Will that hurt me in the long run? Who knows.  Right now, I choose to put my training in BJ and Will's and Grant's and Chuck's hands.  I am lucky if I can carve out the hour a day to work out....

I am never gonna be super sure of anything I do on the field or in the gym or that I write about even....all I hope for is to be a coach-able athlete. 

I'll leave the absolutes to people far better than I. 

Coach-able....

That's the best I have to give.  

No comments:

Post a Comment