Trees

Trees

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A couple of little roses....

Soooooo, I posted this meme this morning on my Facebook page....


Been having a really tough time getting to the gym. I could list the excuses right now, but really they are just excuses.

I decided to try noon again...at least on Tuesdays and Thursdays when Vivi is not at the gym. (Or supposed to be at the gym.)  I get into Zia and guess who is there?  The Doctor!  wheeee....she is moving to Minnesota...tomorrow.  I have not seen her in at least six weeks and I haven't been to a noon class in months...what are the odds.

I'm all shades of thrilled.

I see the board and the euphoria I was feeling at seeing Sarah fades.

5x5 Push presses

5 Pull Ups
10 Push Ups
15 Squats.
5 rounds

then 3x10
RDL
Weighted sit ups.

Really?  well hell....

The warm up was fun...Planks, Rowing, jumping, Step Ups, T-Push ups....of course BJ saw my post this morning and was teasing me...I deserved it...outta shape heavy athlete that I am.  Sarah said she'd stick with me on the workout...I was guessing it would take me 20 minutes.  Not really, maybe 15.  Looked a the board, lots of people did it in 3 or 4 minutes. HA!!!!

I lifted with Sheila...crazy strong lady~thank you... we settled on 95.  BJ came over and told me I was cheating by actually doing a jerk.  Ooops...didn't mean to. He helped me correct it so I finished by not cheating.

Then we set up for the work out.  Sarah did keep pace with me, crazy lady....I know she could have done it in half the time I did.  I am gonna miss her....

Pull ups...don't get excited, I did them with a thick band (it was too easy, I'll go down a band next time).
Push ups...don't get excited, knees.
Squats.....well, they we squats.

I was joking with Beth that I was only gonna do three rounds...I got a solid scolding.  I did finish in 7 ish minutes.  I was complaining by the end of the sit ups that I thought my eye was going to pop out, or that I might burst an ovary. I am sure no one has missed my ridiculous behavior in the noon classes.  I feel kinda shaky and yes I checked my pulse.  I did remind myself that I used to work out at noon A LOT and I used to always feel like this..and it feels....good.  I am going to remember to make this....scratch that...to make me a priority.  I have let this piece of my fitness slip and I know I will feel better getting a little more "conditioning" under my belt again.  I mean, I am not gonna lie....I would rather lift all the time, but I also know that this is really what my body and my training needs. At least for a few weeks.....

Remember my rose?

Well, a quick reminder...I got this rose from a woman I know from Zia, Megan.  She gave it to me in the parking lot of Trader Joe's shortly after the very dark night that I had last month.  All I said to her was I have had the worst week of my life and she handed me this rose.  I took this picture about 3 weeks after she handed it to me.  Yup...3 weeks.  This flower....magic.  It began to sprout all along the stem...little, beautiful, green leaves.  Shortly after I took this photo...the little stems dried up and the rose drooped just a little.  I pulled it out of the water and thought, "how do I keep you alive?  You are my magic rose.  I can't let you go." I smelled it and decided it wasn't the rose, it was the kindness, the love behind it.  I placed the magic rose in the trash and let it go.  It had more than served its purpose.

 Magic~Beauty~Love

All of these in the midst of all of this pain and confusion.

A lovely reminder too, that nothing lasts.  Good or bad, joy or pain....they all end, they are all part of a whole, and perhaps they all serve their purpose as well.

2 comments: