Trees

Trees

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Blurgh.....

Dang it, it has been like 20 days....

Yea, I'm still working out.  I have to take a break this week for some tests.

What else am I doing?

Dunno, work and shit?

I am slowly moving forward with the writing project I mentioned a long while ago....been sticking with rehearsals with Rod.  Some challenging stuff there.  It's a way of working I haven't been a part of in a long time.  Makes me remember that love of story and collaboration that made me love theater in the first place.

I was planning on writing some big blog outlining these three months with my new trainer....but now we are almost at the 4 month mark...oooops.

I have already said....it's different.

I have noticed a few things recently though that I need to fix.  Notice I didn't say it was James...It's me.  I am not warming up like I should.  Some days I feel like I am pinned in time wise and I just use the light lifts as my warm up....

Not a good plan Malec....not a plan at all....

I am working on going for weights that make me uncomfortable.  So this week he had me doing some seated cable rows, well, I do them every week. Usually 4 sets of 10  or 3 sets of 15. I usually bust them out between 70-100 pounds.  Monday was a single set of 10.  I was tired and not feeling well, but I just kept adding 10 pound.  I got that up to 140.

Now, I know I could not do 4 sets at 140....but now that number gives me a goal.  As in, I can't do 4 sets of 10 at 140...yet.  Since I can do a single set at that weight, I should be able to get to multiple sets soon.

Been happy with some growth on Bench and deads too. Not sure about my back squat....but oh well.

I'll probably never be a real power lifter, so it's ok if these numbers don't always keep going up.

The goal now is for this summer....see if I can translate it into my throwing.

I have some other important things to focus on for the spring...health stuff mainly.  But I have a good feeling about that too...It is gonna be great to take a break from the treadmill Grant and I have been on for a while.  I mean, I am gonna miss my Games Family...but we will be back so fast, it'll be like we never left.

Gotta run...I have rehearsal again today with Rod....squeeee...can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment