Trees

Trees

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Deadcember Wrap

Like in most things, I failed in keeping my promise to myself about the Deadcember training.  I said I would commit to myself for this one month... one month.

Ok  Ok....I missed one workout.  It was Thursday...the workout before the attempted max.  I looked at it and it literally would have been 5-10 minutes.   I made the decision that rest was probably just as good.  Otherwise.....I really did do it all... some modifications of course, but I am close, was close.

Sooooo....I am stiff and sore.  And there was so much more upper body work than I expected.

On December 1st, we didn't test a one rep, we tested a 3 rep.  I was super disappointed with that number 315.  But, well, I am not as strong as I once was, am I? For the training, I added 8% to that number to create a working max.  340 was the number I based everything in Deadcember on.

Grant came to Iron Soul with me on max day.  I was super happy to have him there. It is fun to lift with him.  I think we had both forgotten that.  We spent many months together at the gym after my heart surgery....While I feel like I really need my noon time workout, I also miss those early mornings lifting with Grant.

I digress....so did  I PR? Am I a beast? Am I so strong now I need new pants for my thighs?

No  No  No......

I loaded 305.

Then 345...I looked at that bar and knew I couldn't lift it...glad Grant was there....

Loaded 365...got it.

Tried 385...got it.....one inch off the ground.

Ha...

385 is pretty high for me, especially now,  so I probably should have loaded 375, but I will never know. 

I decided that we did an awful lot of upper body work, so I tested my  bench too...now that...I was super happy with... managed 145, which I know sucks for most people my size...but I suck at bench, and it  went up clean and smooth and I bet I had a little more in me too...

Whee....

So now I sit here, waiting to see my new programing.  Yes, I found me another coach.  I am giving distance coaching a try.  I contacted James Bullock...and he agreed to take me on....

The Forge

He trains some of the women in the sport whom I respect and admire in ways that words fail me...so I am grateful.

I am also a little nervous....I have no freaking plan yet....you know, like how and when to get to a gym....I still have a couple more days off of work.  But after that?

I guess I'll let you  know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment