Trees

Trees

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Protect it.

Alrighty....I am part way into the first week of this dead lift experiment. I knew there would be a lot of deadlifting, duh....dead lift program.  It is every day...ha!  Yea,  every day.  Yesterday was sets of snatch grip deads followed by the most insane grouping of upper body death I have ever done...I hurt....my chest hurts....when I left the gym...my arms were noodles.  

So, it's a weird dead lifting program, I am not surprised, turns out the guy writing it is Dan McKim...he just recently retired from Highland games competition...so...that's interesting.  And he is funny as shit.....he puts cardio in there like "walk for 8 seconds" and reps of eating little debbie cakes.  

That shit makes things tolerable to me.  No idea why, I am sorta an idiot...Programming looks to be Mon-Friday, but my old bones can't do this 5 days in a row so I am officially declaring Thursday my rest day. My goal is to do this entire thing, as written.  ALL THE DAYS.  Now I have to sub some things, like I cannot do pull ups and stop with the fancy push ups, but I am doing the subs....

I told someone today I am working on training again instead of working out.  Minor distinction to some, but not to me. I found out a long time ago that I hate working out, but I love to train...working toward something.

Then I came across this thing on Instagram:



Now.....I don't really believe anything lasts forever....not even love.  Please don't get on my case about that...I just don't.  But this struck me...I do treat things differently when I want them to "last" including people in my life.  I have tried to treat people; my kids, friends, partners...in a way so they do not feel ordinary...so they know they are special to me...

What I have left out of this is myself.

I know I won't last...ha...duh...but what if we treat ourselves like this too?  I know it sounds dumb, but this short program is my test...can I protect this time, these goals...For one month..ONE MONTH....and as I mentioned in a previous blog, can I learn what I am willing to sacrifice for those goals? Sacrifice for focused attention on myself, my health, my goals.

Gives me a little bit of the heebie jebbies to say it like that, but there it is.

I am guessing I have said this and either tried and failed or done this before, so forgive me if I am back at a place you have seen me before.  And I will try to forgive myself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment