Trees

Trees

Monday, February 26, 2018

Numbers (again, lots of my old blogs are called this....)

I stumbled on this new site for highland athletes:

Highland Athlete Site

It is really nice, user friendly etc.  The interesting piece, as opposed to the NASGA score site, is that Dan has set up a place for athlete profiles.  Pretty cool.. It is super helpful because you can put in all time bests AND best for different classes....and also there is a place to track your lifts.

I tend to have little scraps of paper that get crumpled and lost and I never really know when I hit things or blah blah blah...So I think it will be a great tool to track that kinda stuff..

Ahhhh numbers...

glorious numbers....

ANYWHOOOOO

Since the scrap paper method wasn't really working, I spent some time combing thought NASGA and my Train Heroic App to gather...numbers. I probably spent too much time...but whatever...I am injured and crabby so sue me.  I saw something interesting....

I feel weak and shitty and generally weak...but guess what some of these numbers showed...well, lots of my best lifts were AFTER my heart surgery....and some of my best throws were too.

That's a weird discovery to me.

Huh....

I used to joke with Chuck that I had until 50 to get any sort of life time pr's on anything...and then after my heart surgery, I just figured I was pretty much, I dunno, needed to "let go". Or back off or who the Hell knows. 

Stupid too, cause I know some wickedly strong women over 50 who are setting the bar higher and higher for themselves every day. 

So what's the deal Malec? 

I mean I get the energy and the focus thing..I don't have it right now to focus on the games or lifting or even acting right now, but seriously?  I think it might have to do with that little ghost of my Father's death at age 49....

see....times up at 50.

Oh...well, I made it to 50...so.

What's next?

1 comment:

  1. The numbers game. It's so much fun, and so very agrivating.

    ReplyDelete