Trees

Trees

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Fire hose

From two different sources this weekend I heard the following phrase, "I feel like I have been drinking from a fire hose the last couple of months."

I'm not saying I've never heard that phrase before, but it is not a super familiar phrase. But it just sunk into me...

Perhaps I simply heard it for the first time if that makes any sense.

and...well....I, too, have been drinking from the fire hose.

As I was driving back from Denver on Monday...I realized that I've been choosing to stand in front of this fire hose for a long damn time.  Like, a couple of different one's, but none the less....choosing to "wharrgarbl" for years....

Yeah, I said it.  Years.

Some thins were not "mine", but I am still the one who chose to stand there.


ANYWHOOOOO...

I guess I should write about training...oh, I haven't been because I got hurt...again  (hi fire hose)

Or maybe my wacky dislocated fibula?

sigh...

Or Phoenix.

Oh...Phoenix.

That was something.  I think I am finally letting go...or something.  I was exhausted. I was on a film set until 11PM on Friday and then Grant picked me up and we (HE) drove all night to Phoenix. Grant took a 20 minute nap and we headed to the field.

And you know....I just had a lot of fun.  I saw people I miss a ton. I let go of expectations, of my throwing, of what other people say, or how I am supposed to be.

I just had fun again in the way I had fun when I had first started throwing.

That. Is. The. Best.

Ok...so I am going to the PT woman again today...Charlsey at Elite Ortho-Therapy ...see if we can get this knee back in where it is supposed to be.  She actually used a hammer last time.

Um

weird....ahhh.

And I wanna thank BJ....he worked with me again today...get me restarted...again...which as he said is better than nothing.

So I feel weak...and fragile.

But at least I don't have to stand in front of someone else's fire hose any more.



No comments:

Post a Comment