Trees

Trees

Monday, March 14, 2016

lifts and game

Okie dokie, week 3 of the squat program.

I'm at the 6x4 stage at 80%

That felt super hard.  80% is 255 pounds at this point for me.  Surprising to me that a year ago I had a one rep at 350...and this 255 feels....spine tearing.  Well, not really...next week it is sets of 5.  Gary assured me that this week feels the worst.  He also said that if I stick to the program, lots of people add about 5% to their one rep.  Seems soooo far off, but I am working on it.

OH I haven't wet my pants yet either, so that's good.

What I did find today was that I got deeper and deeper in my squat with each set.

Did some hang cleans and some seated box jumps too.  I love those.  They suck and are fantastic.  I get to sit....but then I have to jump.  I am able to use the 24" box,  I think it's pretty good. The thing that cracks me up about these seated box jumps?  It is hard to get off the box...off....hahahaha.


Have my first game of the year this up coming weekend...Phoenix.

Gonna be odd....this is the game that when I came home last year....I had my major heart incident that lead to surgery.  Kinda cool.  Kinda nervy.  I'll say this though...my expectations are low...for the game.  Well, low sounds negative...they are in line with where my training is.

That's a good thing.

I won't beat myself up for not throwing big numbers....my focus is form and not getting hurt.  Oh, also seeing how a full day goes again.

I made a huge mistake last Fall.  I should NOT have thrown at the Master's game or in Aztec.  I was no where near prepared physically for that.  Well...I should not have thrown Pleasanton either.  Those games set me back...I left the "season" in a lot of pain; threw in too much pain too.

This year is different..I don't have a season.

3 games, maybe 4.

So..I will focus on rebuilding strength and rebuilding my mind as well.



1 comment: