Trees

Trees

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Trying to settle.

 So last Monday, I get to the new gym...and I go in without my head phones...ahhhhh.  Kidding.  Sorta. Really, I know it sounds weird but it is nice.  Now I know some of my friends have teased me that I needed a "more social" gym.  Eh....maybe....but it's not like I stand around chatting.  I mean, I do my 50+ minutes and head to work.  But yea...I will say, I prefer the head nods, the "hey, how you doing today," the.."oh god what torture did your coach give you."  I guess I did need something more social, if that is what social is.  😊


I will admit, it is tricky for my sad broken brain to be back in the land of LuLuLemon...I am working super hard at breaking my patterns of self judgement and well, self loathing. 


One of the things I have always enjoyed is watching other people work on shit...It's fun at Elevate to try to guess what people are training for...they do train lots of runners and they train a lot of the guys on New Mexico United.  I really hope I am not creepy about it...I mean I watch cool stuff people are doing, I don't gawk...I laugh a lot too watching some folks because if I tried some of the core work and work on the slide pad thinggy and all sorts of other stuff....I'd be broken or I'd laugh so hard I'd wet my pants.


Now that it has been almost 3 months...I am seeing some of the same people in the mornings...there is one woman who I just love watching.  She's probably 10-15 years older than I am and DAMN she has the most beautiful arms and more than that I just love how she moves....she has amazing balance and she is super strong.  I haven't actually talked to her yet...it's not like I just wander around trying to be social after all. 

Anyhoo....I am finished with my workout and I am cooling down on the fake grass...so is she....she scoots over to me and takes out her head phones and says, "I just wanna say I love watching you work out. I know you compete and I know that it takes a lot of work. (how does she know this??) It is great to see women putting in all of this effort."  

I just wanted to die.  Really.  I said to her..." oh my god, I have been wanting to tell you how beautifully you move since I started here. You are so strong and your balance is amazing."  


These two old women on the turf just enjoying the very different ways in which we move.  


Her name is Shirlene....and it was such a beautiful birthday gift.  


And yea, I cried.


Fight me....


😆💖



No comments:

Post a Comment