Trees

Trees

Friday, May 11, 2018

stolen letter.

I stole this last year from someone else, but whatever, I am not a writer.....  I know, I know, Emery is a little young yet really and Kegan; well, yes I am aware that he wouldn't ask me what I wanted for Mother's Day on a bet. You know, since I don't exist.


But in time perhaps...and who knows; perhaps just putting this out in the world he will know this somewhere deep in is subconscious.  Or, perhaps I am just full of shit Pollyanna (most likely option).



Every year my children used to ask me the same question. After thinking about it, I decided I'd give them my real answer:

What do I want for Mother's Day? I want you. I want you to keep coming around, I want you to bring your kids around, I want you to ask me questions, ask my advice, tell me your problems, ask for my opinion, ask for my help. I want you to come over and rant about your problems, rant about life, whatever. Tell me about your job, your worries, your kids, your fur babies. I want you to continue sharing your life with me. Come over and laugh with me, or laugh at me, I don't care. Hearing you laugh is music to me.

I spent the better part of my life raising you the best way I knew how. Now, give me time to sit back and admire my work.
Raid my refrigerator, help yourself, I really don't mind. In fact, I wouldn't want it any other way.

I want you to spend your money making a better life for you and your family, I have the things I need. I want to see you happy and healthy. When you ask me what I want for Mother's Day, I say "nothing" because you've already been giving me my gift all year. I want you. Even if you don't think you need or want me anymore.



I love you both in ways that I didn't understand I could even love until I looked in your eyes.  I pray for you in the same way I had since you were just a tiny group of cells growing inside me, that you find hope, that you find joy, that you find resilience, and that you know love.  

I hope you both knew and know my love for you started long before I knew you and will last past my death.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment