Trees

Trees

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Current Projects.

Some of you lovely folks follow me on Instagram; so you already know this, but I have started a selfie thing...I realized I have sorta made myself the butt of jokes because I always hide in the back of group photos, or run from the camera, or ask people not to take a photo.  So after the game in ABQ, I am cruising Facebook and enjoying all the photos and I realize that people really DO listen to me....there really aren't any photos. And hell I hate most photos of me anyway. 

Then I got super bugged at myself.

So the selfie....

I read something years ago about how the rise in selfies actually helped people control their own image...how they are seen....through their own lens as opposed to the cultural lens of thin and young equals self worth.

So, I am a little old for this shit...but I am trying.  I only posted one so far that had a crazy filter on it.  Which was with my friend Robin, Jesus that made us laugh!  I even posted one today that was like a terrifying full body shot...

I've tried this before with a mirror, forcing myself to look in a mirror..but I dunno, I didn't shift the way I saw myself at all...but using this app to try to post a photo everyday for a while...of me is interesting.  Learning to just see...me.

Hopefully, I will graduate to posting videos of working out crap again too...

It's weird.  I am not sure what happened.  I mean, if you look through this blog...I have some great photos that I love of me.



Ok ok  Blah Blah Blah...  Look for me on Instagram,  if you wanna see my face.  @monamcgiggles

Second project for the summer?

Ready for this one?

Ready?

No, I am not going Vegan.

But I decided to cut out the booze, all of it, for the summer.  Yeah, right as games season started.  In fact, right before the game in ABQ.  Grant even said, you wanna start after the game?  Naw...there was a little voice that said..."Sober Summer" and unlike that other voice I wrote about last time; this one was me. And is kind and not an asshole.


It was starting to feel like a bit of a crutch. Oh I'm a little stressed, have some wine. Oh this is a little to hard to look at, have a whisky. 

So please, DO invite me out for a beer, but make sure they have good food...and I'll drive you home if I need to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment