Trees

Trees

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Patience



The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.


Patience is a virtue too isn't it?


Maybe.

Can one have too much patience?  I know I have said before that I can be flexible until the point comes when I am flexed out.

Then there is the tale of Patient Griselda.



"In an envoy to The Clerk's Tale, Chaucer warns all husbands not to test the patience of their wives in the hope of finding another patient Griselda "for in certein, ye shal faille." Chaucer then warns all wives not to allow humility to nail shut their tongues for fear of finding themselves, like Chichevache, engulfed or swallowed up. Chaucer then advises wives to be like Echo, who never fled and always returned tit for tat."~yeah Cliff Notes (whatever)

Oh my..... I know Echo didn't have a voice of her own either, but....the point of "returning it tit for tat."  Hot damn....I do wonder how and why this developed in me...this ability to wait, to be flexible, to be patient...."good things come to those who wait" bullshit.  It must have worked in someways otherwise I would not go back to it over and over again.

But, I am tired....so tired that I think I have even forgotten what I thought I was supposed to wait for...

Oh...waiting for my voice to show up.

Gotcha.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My auto correct screwed my comment up. I had to delete and repost. Lol

    Patience and not losing ourself is a hard balance. It's not one I've figured out yet. I look at all those
    emotionally healthy people and wonder how? How do they do it? I sure as shit can't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete