Trees

Trees

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Healing

Been about two weeks since I saw the doc....

I am working out a little...harder?  Not sure that is the right descriptor....how about a little less cautiously?  Maybe that is more accurate.


Lots of people have asked me how recovery is coming along...

Here are some things I have noticed.

1.  I am not falling asleep while I am in the middle of another activity. Yes this was happening both before and post surgery.  The most disturbing incident?  Dozing off in Costo while pushing a cart.  Yeah.

2.  My groin still hurts a little....not a lot, but I am super "aware" of the sore spots.  This is clearly why I wasn't cleared for lower body stuff right away.  The first time I tried to dead lift....yeah.  I was AWARE.

3. I still occasionally have some chest pain.  It is weird and sometimes upsetting, so if you see me around and I look like I am rubbing my boob....there is a good chance my chest hurts.  I have decided that this is the burn spot healing, you know, like when you have a cut and it itches as it heals....I think the pain in my chest is my heart, itching.  Have NO IDEA if this is true, but that's my story and I am sticking to it.

4.  I am back to my obnoxious energy levels.  And it is a little annoying, well to other people.  I just realized this yesterday.  It's a good thing I think.


I haven't been writing much, I took on one of those month long gratitude challenges on FaceBook, so some things that I might put here are up on FaceBook.  And writing about my workouts feels weird right now.

Not sure why, it just does.

I am sure things will change again soon.....I know BJ is prepping a new space soon....Nooners may rise again.  I do miss the Zia crew. Bunches.

I'll say this, a month ago, I really didn't even want to work out any more.  I felt...lame...Now after a month I have upped it to 4 days a week, and I don't drag my ass to the gym as slowly as I had been.  5 AM is early, but Grant and I go and just do some work.

All this upper body work isn't giving me ripped arms or anything, but it is reminding me that I like to move weight around.  I like to move me around....shit I even use a treadmill for 5 minutes to get my blood moving.

Yea...me....treadmill.....



No comments:

Post a Comment