Trees

Trees

Monday, June 8, 2020

did a thing

So, I know I  wrote last time  about my lack of productive time...

I did get something done...Something I should have done six years ago when I first joined SAG. I know....I didn't and what wasn't done, wasn't done...

But my friend Jen said...it's done now.

I had an acting reel made. I also signed up for the "professional" IMBD page.



All of it a while in coming.

I had a revelation about it, as I was trying to decide to do it...I kept hearing a voice saying, "there is no point, you'll never get cast. You aren't movie quality and you don't focus enough on it.  If you post about athletics, you'll never be taken seriously.  You aren't a true actor."

Oh Holy Hell....

That wasn't my voice.

That was an old voice, old things that are not mine, and truly were never really mine. But even after a severed connections....there it was...loud as fuck.

So I contacted Kayla Brooke not 5 minutes later and she said I had enough to make a reel....and it's done.

I am sad there are older things in my history I can't use because I waited..but, not only do I have the reel, I also know very clearly why I waited and I let that shit go.

So, I realize that this is a small thing in the context of the world right now....but if you have a moment, go check out my IMBD page...and watch the reel if you are so inclined.

IMBD and reel



2 comments:

  1. I watched your reel Mona, wow! You've been in a lot of stuff. More to come, I'm sure. Huge respect, admiration and love for you.

    ReplyDelete