Trees

Trees

Monday, August 12, 2024

Colorado....and migraines.

 How'd that second game in Colorado go?


Well, like I said about Elizabeth...I had the game I trained for.....but....something came up during the game.


As we were wrapping up the athlete meeting, I felt like I had something in my eye...oh shit.


Nothing was in my eye, but I couldn't see....fucking migraine.


I had just had one the weekend before....like come on, no way.  Yup.


Choices choices, what to do....We started on hammer....GAG,  I know we probably should have left...just gone back to bed at the hotel, but I was so mad.  I was upset with my body, with myself.  Like what the heck am I doing wrong that I am still getting these dumb things.

I did learn a whole lot....like Midol is AMAZING for migraines.  I felt like an idiot, but all these lovely women were taking care of me. Not letting me shag, making sure I stay hydrated, helping me off the field when I felt nauseated.

Ultimately, I should have left so that I didn't burden the ladies on the field; but my irritation at myself and my stubbornness...got the better of me.

I felt so betrayed by my own body...it's a terrible theme lately.


I've got 18 days before Pleasanton and I think I may spend the week before the game only throwing.  Focus...I know I won't be at my best for that game, but I want to be more prepared than I am now.


Anyhooo...That's it for right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment