Trees

Trees

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Are you ready?

 I was talking to a friend recently about my upcoming game. As anyone who has read this blog for any amount of time, you are aware that Pleasanton is one of; if not my favorite game.  They asked how I was feeling, and I said "not ready."

 

As I've written about recently, I am having the season I trained for....I been busy doing other things this year....but Grace asked me...."what does ready mean?"

 

Oh, huh....what does ready mean to me.  I spent a couple days mulling over this thought....

 

Does it mean I am throwing the best I have ever thrown?

No

Does it mean I am throwing the best I can right in this moment?

No

Well, what does it mean then?

I decided that feeling ready for a game like this; feels like being ok in my own skin, like feeling solid on my feet, like trusting my body knows how to throw. When I feel those things is when I have "felt ready."

 

 

Oh....so being "ready" is mostly in my broken little brain....along with making sure I am working my drills and basics of throwing.

 

Got it.  Find your feet and have some fun.

 


 

Oh another note, a women I admire a whole lot has a blog....go give it a read.... Life and strong man things are on the menu.

 Link below!

Kikki

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment